Museum Home Tours
We are excited to welcome the public back into the historic Victorian home of James Whitcomb Riley, the “Hoosier Poet.” We are working hard to ensure the health and safety of all our guests as they visit our historic site and visitor center. We will reopen with a limited tour capacity, with updated guidelines to keep you safe as you tour our historic home.
New Safety Guidelines For Visitors
We have implemented the following new policies and procedures to ensure a safe visit for you and your group.
- Advance Tickets: Advanced reservations are required for all visitors. All tours will be limited to no more than five persons, from a single group.
- Social Distancing: Our docent will follow appropriate social distancing requirements throughout the tour.
- Face Masks: Face masks are required for all visitors ages 2 or older (unless medically unable to wear a mask).
- Rescheduling: If you feel unwell, please stay home. We will gladly work with you to honor your tour ticket at another time when you feel better.
Updated Best Practices
The staff has implemented the following precautionary measures.
- Limited Capacity: We capped the number of tours per-day and the number of visitors to encourage appropriate social distancing and prevent exposure to other tour groups.
- Enhanced Cleaning: We implemented new cleaning protocols, and staff will disinfect all frequently touched surfaces in the historic home after every tour.
- Hand Sanitation: Hand sanitation stations will be available at the start and conclusion of every tour for our docents and guests.
- Staff Health: All staff will be required to wear masks and will refrain from coming to work if feeling unwell.
- Thursday-Saturday: Tours by reservation only. Please visit our Eventbrite page to make a reservation.
- Sunday-Wednesday: Closed
- Also closed major holidays, and December 24th – the first week in January.
528 Lockerbie Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
The James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home is located at in the Historic Lockerbie Square neighborhood, just a short walk from the galleries, restaurants and retail shops that make up the Mass Ave Cultural District.
Parking available in the gravel lot on the west end of the property and directly in-front of the Museum Home on Lockerbie Street. Please look for the signs reading “Museum Home Parking Only.”
317.631.5885 | RileyHome@RileyKids.org
- $10 Adults
- $1 Students ages 7-17
- Children 6 and under are free
GROUP TOUR INFO
Please contact Chris Mize at email@example.com to discuss virtual options.