The James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home & Visitor Center will be closed to the public from March 14-31 as a precautionary measure as COVID-19 continues to spread throughout the United States. All private events at the venue are also being postponed, and any associated fees will be refunded. No staff or visitors to the museum have reported infection.
We will continue to follow developments about COVID-19 and communicate any updates on rileymuseumhome.org and via social media at facebook.com/RileyMuseumHome.
While our public-facing activities are being put on hold, our Museum Home staff will continue to be available to you. Please contact Chris Mize at cmize@RileyKids.org.
- Tuesday – Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday and Monday: Closed
- Holidays and first two weeks in January: Closed
- Tours on the hour starting at 10:00 a.m.
- Last tour starts at 3:00 p.m.
528 Lockerbie Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
The James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home is located at in the Historic Lockerbie Square neighborhood, just a short walk from the galleries, restaurants and retail shops that make up the Mass Ave Cultural District.
317.631.5885 | RileyHome@RileyKids.org
- $10 Adults
- $1 Students ages 7-17
- Children 6 and under are free
GROUP TOUR INFO
Large tours of 10 or more people should call ahead for reservations and qualify for special group rates.
- Drivers and escorts are admitted free as part of a group tour.
- The James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home can accommodate tours of 35 or more, but only for walk-through tours unless other special arrangements are made. Please call 317.808.8565 for more information.
- Parking is available in a parking lot on the west side of the Museum Home and on Lockerbie Street directly in front of the Museum Home. Buses should use the Lockerbie Street parking.